Once you have purchased this product you will be sent an email 'order notes' from EKM with the link to watch the film and to download the Index with approximate timings, of topics covered on the film.
Please do not share the link with anyone else. You are purchasing one link for your own viewing. Many thanks.
NB This purchase will show on your bank statement as GATEHOUSE
After the Affair: Rebuilding Relationships After Infidelity
This course was originally created for COSRT: The College of Sex and Relationship Therapists.
Much of the content in this presentation is synthesised from the Dealing With Affairs module (which is 2 days face to face, 3 short days online) that forms part of the 6 modular Certificate in Couples Therapy. There are a few extra pieces added in too. This is a 2 hour talk, and is not a substitute for attending the live online course.
In this Masterclass, expert Juliet Grayson (UKCP Reg) takes us through the many aspects that will affect couples after an affair. This talk will be beneficial for all therapists who work with couples and those who work one to one.
Juliet covers topics such as:
- Clarifying what monogamy means to a couple
- Is extra marital sex a problem?
- Negative effects & consequences of an affair
- The therapist’s job after an affair
- William Ayot and Juliet talk about shame as it relates to affairs
- The importance of helping couples master their anxiety
- Different kinds of affairs
- Thoughts from couple therapists Nicola Jones and Lottie Passell-Syms
- Triggers for an affair
- Emotional fusion as applied to affairs
- Lies, secrecy and confrontation
- Trust and jealousy
- Saying sorry
- Rebuilding the relationship after an affair